Nowadays just doing a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) is not enough to get your dream job. Since the corporate world is very competitive, demanding and dynamic, there are other skills that you should be proficient enough to secure your dream job with your dream salary. In an attempt to help you reach your career goals, we are offering you 7 tips to make yourself more employable-:
1) Enhance your soft skills: You must enhance your communication skills, presentation skills and soft skills. For those who’re not confident about their soft skills, joining a finishing school to develop your personality, body language, inter-personal and social interaction skills will be beneficial.
2) Be a team player: It is very important that you can work in a team, coordinate with your colleagues, communicate with them effectively and make proper adjustments.
3) Develop leadership skills: Since you will be hired at a managerial position after completing your MBA, it is very important that you’re able to manage a group of people. For that you need to develop leadership skills.
4) Knowledge building: You should be updated with latest trends in your field. It is important to keep on doing courses to update your knowledge. Participate in all kinds of group activities like group case studies, simulations, industry interaction programs and inter- college level academic and extra-curricular competitions to keep yourself updated.
5) Develop corporate awareness: An employer is not only looking for a MBA degree but also the application orientation of the student. Students in B-school study the concepts of management in their classes but hardly understand how this knowledge can be applied in real business scenario. Thus there is a gap between theory and knowledge. To be able to bag the coveted job you must understand what business is all about and how you can contribute to the growth of any organisation.
6) Strong Network: To be a successful professional, you must be well connected and have a strong networking with people in your field. Having a good network and being active on social networking sites will be useful for you.
7) Carefully selecting internships and placements: You must select a good/ reputed company in your field for internship as it is the only opportunity where you can exhibit your skills by translating them in performance. At the same time, you learn about a particular industry, how it functions and its operations in detail. Ensure that you select an internship in the same profile or industry you intend to work in future.
Source: http://mba.learnhub.com/lesson/20332-7-tips-for-mba-students-to-make-themselves-more-employable (MBA Learn Hub)